At the conclusion of the program, participants will be better able to:
- Interpret principles of facial anatomy and physiology, in order to assess anatomic changes related to the aging process.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessment and manage expectations, in order to improve patient satisfaction.
- Identify facial mapping areas specific to muscle control and facial volume depletion, in order to properly target injection sites.
- Evaluate the evidence and data involving injectable agents for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, in order to facilitate appropriate selection of these products.
- Demonstrate injection techniques for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, in order to maximize product placement.
- Improve injection skills, in order to optimize patient outcomes.
- Recognize the anatomical relationship of critical vascular and neurologic structures within the face, in order to assure patient safety and avoid treatment complications.
Who Should Attend:
Experienced injectors who are interested in increasing their knowledge with respect to anatomic and aesthetic gender difference, as well as expanding their practice to include male facial rejuvenation.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to participate, clinicians must complete the prerequisite: Anatomy Online CME activity "Anatomical Context of Facial Aesthetics" prior to the start of the live workshop.
Hands-On Injection Training Workshop Requirements:
Attendees will have the option to participate or observe during the hands-on training. If you are planning to participate, you must provide the following on-site:
- One male model (Please ask your model to arrive 1-hour after start of the program)
- FDA-approved, injectable products (obtained from a valid U.S. distributor) and medical supplies (List available under the FAQ tab)
- A valid medical license (for the state in which the program takes place)
- Supervisory Physician Approval Form (If you are a nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant attending without an attending physician)
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not provide us with these Mandatory Documents, you will not be able to participate in the workshop.
Injectable Product Requirements:
This is a CME-certified meeting, planned and implemented completely independent from the commercial supporter. To ensure that the integrity of this CME-certified program remains intact, please be informed:
- Attendees approved to inject at a hands-on workshop are responsible for bringing their own product(s).
- Please note: You must bring FDA-approved injectable products (obtained from a valid U.S. distributor) only. You will not be able to inject in the hands-on session if your injectable products are not United States, FDA-approved.
- Neither Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, nor their joint provider Scientiae, is permitted to offer guidance on how or where to obtain product(s).
Treatment Areas May Include:
Glabella, Frontalis, Midface, Jawline, and Chin