At the conclusion of the program, participants will be better able to:
- Interpret principles of facial anatomy and physiology, in order to assess anatomic changes related to the aging process.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessment and manage expectations, in order to improve patient satisfaction.
- Identify facial mapping areas specific to muscle control and facial volume depletion, in order to properly target injection sites.
- Evaluate the evidence and data involving injectable agents for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, in order to facilitate appropriate selection of these products.
- Demonstrate injection techniques for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, in order to maximize product placement.
- Improve injection skills, in order to optimize patient outcomes.
- Recognize the anatomical relationship of critical vascular and neurologic structures within the face, in order to assure patient safety and avoid treatment complications.
Who Should Attend:
- Advanced Clinicians with a minimum of 3 years experience with botulinum toxin who are interested in furthering their skills with neuromodulators for facial aesthetics.
- PLEASE NOTE: In order to participate, clinicians must complete the prerequisite: Anatomy Online CME activity "Anatomical Context of Facial Aesthetics" prior to the start of the live workshop
Hands-On Injection Training Workshop Requirements:
Attendees will have the option to participate or observe during the hands-on training. If you are planning to participate, you must provide the following on-site:
- One model (Please ask your model to arrive 1-hour after start of the program)
- FDA-approved injectable products (obtained from a valid U.S. distributor) and medical supplies (List available under the FAQ tab)
- A valid medical license (for the state in which the program takes place)
- Supervisory Physician Approval Form (If you are a nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant attending without an attending physician)
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not provide us with these Mandatory Documents, you will not be able to participate in the workshop.
Injectable Product Requirements:
This is a CME-certified meeting, planned and implemented completely independent from the commercial supporter. To ensure that the integrity of this CME-certified program remains intact, please be informed:
- Attendees approved to inject at hands-on workshop are responsible for bringing their own product(s).
- Please note: You must bring FDA-approved injectable products (obtained from a valid U.S. distributor) only. You will not be able to inject in the hands-on session if your injectable products are not United States, FDA-approved.
- Neither Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, nor their joint provider Scientiae, is permitted to offer guidance on how or where to obtain product(s).
Treatment Areas/Techniques May Include:
Toxin specific treatment/areas include brow lift, perioral rhytids, masseter and the "Nefertiti Lift", mentalis, and correction of asymmetries.