Temples, Tear Troughs and Cheeks
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be better able to:
- Interpret principles of facial anatomy and physiology, including gender- and ethnic-relevant differences and the effects of aging, in order to assess the need for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation
- Perform comprehensive and individualized patient assessment and manage expectations – in the context of relevant cultural and gender aesthetic considerations − in order to improve patient satisfaction
- Interpret areas of muscle activity and facial volume deficits as they contribute to aesthetic appearance, in order to properly target injection sites
- Demonstrate injection techniques for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, in order to assure the most beneficial product placement
- Improve injection skills, in order to optimize patient outcomes
- Incorporate strategies for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation in younger patients, in order to optimize the quality of outcomes over time
- Recognize the normal and atypical anatomical positions of critical vascular and neurologic structures within the face, in order to assure patient safety and avoid/minimize treatment complications
Who Should Attend:
Experienced clinicians, who are interested in refining their injection technique for rejuvenation of the temples, tear troughs & cheeks.
Hands-On Injection Training Workshop Requirements:
Attendees will have the option to participate or observe during the hands-on training. If you are planning to participate, you must provide the following on-site:
- One model (Please ask your model to arrive 1-hour after start of the program)
- FDA-approved injectable products (obtained from a valid U.S. distributor) and medical supplies (List available under the FAQ tab)
- A valid medical license (for the state in which the program takes place)
- Supervisory Physician Approval Form (If you are a nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant attending without an attending physician)
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not provide us with these Mandatory Documents, you will not be able to participate in the workshop.
Injectable Product Requirements:
This is a CME-certified meeting, planned and implemented completely independent from the commercial supporter. To ensure that the integrity of this CME-certified program remains intact, please be informed:
- Attendees approved to inject at hands-on workshop are responsible for bringing their own product(s).
- Please note: You must bring FDA-approved injectable products (obtained from a valid U.S. distributor) only. You will not be able to inject in the hands-on session if your injectable products are not United States, FDA-approved.
- Neither Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, nor their joint provider Scientiae, is permitted to offer guidance on how or where to obtain product(s).
Treatment Areas/Techniques May Include:
Specific treatment areas include nasojugal fold, arcus marginalis, orbital-malar groove, temporal hollows, malar projections, and malar smile lines.