At the conclusion of the program, participants will be better able to:
- Interpret principles of facial anatomy and physiology, including gender- and ethnic-relevant differences and the effects of aging, in order to assess the need for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation
- Perform comprehensive and individualized patient assessment and manage expectations – in the context of relevant cultural and gender aesthetic considerations − in order to improve patient satisfaction
- Interpret areas of muscle activity and facial volume deficits as they contribute to aesthetic appearance, in order to properly target injection sites
- Demonstrate injection techniques for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, in order to assure the most beneficial product placement
- Improve injection skills, in order to optimize patient outcomes
- Incorporate strategies for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation in younger patients, in order to optimize the quality of outcomes over time
- Recognize the normal and atypical anatomical positions of critical vascular and neurologic structures within the face, in order to assure patient safety and avoid/minimize treatment complications
Who Should Attend:
Clinicians with some experience who are interested in expanding the areas of the face they treat, as well as refining injection techniques for increased patient satisfaction. Hands-On Injection Training Workshop Requirements:
Attendees will have the option to participate or observe during the hands-on training. If you are planning to participate, you must provide the following on-site:
- One model (Please ask your model to arrive 1-hour after start of the program)
- FDA-approved, injectable products (obtained from a valid U.S. distributor) and medical supplies (List available under the FAQ tab)
- A valid medical license (for the state in which the program takes place)
- Supervisory Physician Approval Form (If you are a nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant attending without an attending physician)
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not provide us with these Mandatory Documents, you will not be able to participate in the workshop.
Injectable Product Requirements:
This is a CME-certified meeting, planned and implemented completely independent from the commercial supporter. To ensure that the integrity of this CME-certified program remains intact, please be informed:
- Attendees approved to inject at a hands-on workshop are responsible for bringing their own product(s).
- Please note: You must bring FDA-approved injectable products (obtained from a valid U.S. distributor) only. You will not be able to inject in the hands-on session if your injectable products are not United States, FDA-approved.
- Neither Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, nor their joint provider Scientiae, is permitted to offer guidance on how or where to obtain product(s).
Treatment Areas May Include:
Glabella, Frontalis, Crow’s Feet, Nasolabial Folds, Pretarsal Orbicularis, Nasalis, Cheek Volumization, Mentalis and Lip Augmentation.